Sorry for the delay, I've decided I will be writing at-least once a week; if you think I forgot TWEET @Wsamking. Be like, "HEY YOU DIDN'T BLOG WILFRED!"
Anyways lets get right into it! My 2013-2014 Indoor Track and Field season came to an end last weekend at the 2014 CIS National Championships. Needless to say, I have/had high expectations for myself; unfortunately I didn't meet most of them this season. Questions such as:
Why?
What Happened?
Explain it?
Was your blog distracting?
It may be painful to think about what you did wrong or what went wrong, but this may be the most constructive step. What is most difficult about this step? It is sometimes unclear where to start. Always start at the Beginning? In life and this may be defined as the point where you first set your goals, or when you started working towards those goals. Continue through your timeline( NOT TWITTER OR FACEBOOK), but rather your timeline of events in your life. Most people focus too heavily on the conclusion and fail to see the foreshadowing of their actions, I call this Conclusion Based Reflection. Two examples of Conclusion Based Reflection (yup made my own mini theory) are when people talk about the Palestine & Israel disputes that stretch back to Biblical times, as though the issues are new or they had just aroused. The Russian & Ukraine dispute currently on/in every major print source can stretch back to old Soviet Union times. Reflect, you may find it was a combination of situation that led to missing your goals.
This is the most difficult step for me, and I'm sure it would be for anyone who is very passionate about anything. Sometimes the line between emotions and facts merge... (No they don't! you say). Emotions and facts merge when speaking about the outcome but do not merge when referring solely to performance result. (Wilfred what are you talking about?) The fact may be you performed poorly e.g in a race, if you lost... You would not be able to appeal the that you were nervous or thinking about something else when the gun went off. Emotions are excuses, VALID excuses when used constructively, but have no validity when used as reason for result based performance. Don't use emotions as an excuse, be in control of them and channel them to help you reach your goals.
Don't dwell on what cannot be changed, but don't be ignorant to the fact you will fail again. Finding SUCCESS in failure is not about masking your failure, its about triumphing from that failure. There is always another opportunity! It may not always be the way you expect but be open minded e.g great athletes that never win championships, but end up coaching multiple teams to multiple championships.
Was your blog distracting?
Started circling my mind after my 4*200 meter relay leg, because at that moment I knew my 4th Track&Field CIS season had concluded. There was a bitter taste in my mouth; metaphorically and physically, I was sad... a little angry... upset; with no one to blame but myself. That's the beauty of an individual sport, you get all the glory and/or all disappointment. 3 ways I try to find success in failure.
I felt as if I failed, but even in failure you can find success.
1. Reflect
2. separate EMOTIONS from FACTS
3. Move.......On
Failure is determined by self, influenced by others, triumphed by Success.
Triumph
WSKJr.

No comments:
Post a Comment